Call us now to receive your Free criminal defense case review at (213) 514-8732
Reduce Your Charges:
What Clients Say:
When I was facing my first criminal offense I seriously thought my life was over. I actually cried through my consultation. He put my biggest fears at ease and I followed his lead. Craig settled my case and got it DISMISSED! He is an amazing attorney and a man of very high integrity.
I almost made the mistake of going with a public defender. Because of Craig’s expertise and relationships with the courts he was able to get me a great plea bargain. Even the Public Defender commented that he was amazed by what Craig was able to do. His staff was excellent as well at keeping me informed of each detail from beginning to end. I couldn’t have asked for a better attorney, he gave me realistic expectations and produced even better results! Highly recommended!!!
I was arrested for a criminal charge and spoke to several different attorneys. I was most impressed by Craig’s office staff and the way they approached my case. I was not disappointed in the least bit. He was able to get my charges reduced and ended up saving my career. I cannot thank you enough.
I went through a tough time in my life and didn’t think I could afford to properly fight my case. I spoke with Craig and he helped me understand the best course of action to take and worked with me to take payments. I am very grateful to him for helping me. He was able to get my charges reduced and other charges against me dismissed. I don’t know what I would have done without him. Thank you!
Our criminal law expertise has been covered on worldwide news outlets:
Los Angeles Criminal Defense Attorney
Have you or a loved one been charged with a crime? Call us now at (213) 514-8732 to speak to an experienced criminal attorney about your case.
Our attorney, Craig Sturm, knows not much compares to the stress that accompanies being charged with a crime. Whether it’s a misdemeanor or a felony, just the thought of heavy fines or jail time is enough to weigh heavily on your day to day life.
The best way to get peace of mind is to contact an experienced Los Angeles criminal defense attorney that can take on your case, and take the weight off of your shoulders.
Craig Sturm has over 14 years of experience defending people charged with crimes in the Los Angeles area. We’ve successfully defended people charged with a variety of both misdemeanors and felonies, including effectively handling several complex criminal cases with great success.
What you can expect from Shield Criminal Defense Law:
If You’ve Been Arrested
From the moment you are arrested, until the date of your first court appearance, the wheels of the justice system are turning. Los Angeles law enforcement completes their investigation and then presents their information to prosecutors to discuss the filing of criminal charges against you. It is at this critical stage that decisions are being made about how to charge you with the crime.
Being arrested can have devastating effects on your everyday life and even your career. You need someone on your side from the very beginning of the investigation process.
- An experienced Los Angeles criminal lawyer can act on your behalf to have your bond reduced and get you released and back home before your court date
- Your attorney can be present for any questioning with law enforcement and protect you from unfair investigation practices
Before Your Court Date
When you contact Shield Criminal Defense Law, you can expect to reach someone that understands the concerns you face when a loved one is charged with a crime. We take care to make sure you aren’t just another folder with a docket number on it, but a real person who deserves help.
The time between your arrest date and court date is valuable, during that time your Los Angeles Criminal Defense Lawyer will:
- Assess the strengths and weaknesses of your case and speak candidly with you about your options
- Answer any questions you may have about the nature of your criminal charges
- Find expert witnesses that may be able to present evidence of your innocence, or that can discredit the State’s evidence
- Find and hire an investigator to not only look into your alleged crime, but into any witnesses the State may call against you.
- Explore all available defense options and strategies, possible plea bargain deals, and what the consequence of a criminal conviction could mean for you
ON YOUR COURT DATE:
The difficulties that accompany criminal charges both in and out of the courtroom can become overwhelming, and searching for representation can prove to be very challenging. Still, choosing the right Los Angeles criminal attorney to stand in your corner is one of the most important decisions you can make. Nothing brings peace of mind like having someone advocate just for you in such a stressful time.
Jail isn’t always the answer! Ask anyone who has been charged with a criminal offense what their biggest fear is and the answer will likely be the same, “JAIL”. But oftentimes there are a variety of other sentencing options that can reduce your time in jail, or keep you out of it altogether.
- Shield Criminal Defense Law will always take a proactive approach in the California courtroom and will aggressively defend you and your rights
- Your criminal defense attorney can work with the prosecution to negotiate the best deal, or plea bargain possible. Including getting your potential sentence reduced, or eliminated.
- A good criminal defense attorney Los Angeles can recommend “alternative sentencing options”. Such alternative sentencing options could include:
- Moving your case to the Los Angeles’ Drug Court, where you’d have the opportunity to participate in treatment
- Completing community service hours
- Attending rehabilitation or counseling
- Completing a period of Probation
Our Los Angeles Criminal Defense attorneys realize that no matter the nature of your case, it can have an ongoing impact on your life, and the life of your loved ones.
Please call Craig Sturm or our other criminal defense lawyers today at (213) 514-8732 to discuss all of your legal needs. Our criminal lawyer and staff speak English and Spanish fluently.
Shield Criminal Defense Law 1010 Wilshire Blvd #1416, Los Angeles, CA 90017 (213) 514-8732
Legal Services Provided to Los Angeles County: Agoura Hills, Alhambra, Arcadia, Artesia, Avalon, Azusa, Baldwin Park, Bell, Bell Gardens, Bellflower, Beverly Hills, Bradbury, Burbank, Calabasas, Carson, Cerritos, Claremont, Commerce, Compton, Covina, Cudahy, Culver City, Diamond Bar, Downey, Duarte, El Monte, El Segundo, Gardena, Glendale, Glendora, Hawaiian Gardens, Hawthorne, Hermosa Beach, Hidden Hills, Huntington Park, Industry, Inglewood, Irwindale, La Cañada Flintridge, La Habra Heights, La Mirada, La Puente, La Verne, Lakewood, Lancaster, Lawndale, Lomita, Long Beach, Lynwood, Malibu, Manhattan Beach, Maywood, Monrovia, Montebello, Monterey Park, Norwalk, Palmdale, Palos Verdes Estates, Paramount, Pasadena, Pico Rivera, Pomona, Rancho Palos Verdes, Redondo Beach, Rolling Hills, Rosemead, San Dimas, San Fernando, San Gabriel, San Marino, Santa Clarita, Santa Fe Springs, Santa Monica, Sierra Madre, Signal Hill, South El Monte, South Gate, South Pasadena, Temple City, Torrance, Vernon, Walnut, West Covina, West Hollywood, Westlake Village, Whittier